Cheshire Phoenix Basketball Club has an exciting opportunity to join the growing group of dynamic volunteers with three positions at board level. These posts will complete the new board structure that aim to deliver a prosperous future for the Cheshire basketball community. Previous board experience isn’t vital, though experience of the positions at a senior level will certainly be an advantage. Positions will commence in early July.
– Principally on match nights, co-ordinating ticket sales through the various outlets. Balancing the sales made in each category with leftover tickets. Compiling historical information to help with strategies/forecasting for future ticket sales.
– Dealing with monies from merchandise sales, again balancing with stock sold.
– Send the weekly revenue details to company accountants.
– Liaise with company accountants with other financial matters, reporting back to the board at each board meeting.
– Work with the General Manager & the company accountants to produce forecasts & budgets.
CHILD WELFARE DIRECTOR
– Complying with the guidelines set down by Basketball England with regards to child welfare and safeguarding.
– Ensuring the relevant checks are kept up to date for the community coaches.
– This role will also encompass a match night involvement with the children’s clinics, liaising with the community coaches and the schools involved.
– Responsible for all transport including player’s cars, mini buses/coaches to away games. Recruiting drivers throughout the season for away matches. D1 or midus qualified drivers needed to drive the minibuses.
– Organising the transport for the children’s match day clinics from their pick up points and
– Liaising with the relevant schools on this.
– Liaising with the club’s General Manager on any transport issues.
Also, the club are looking to recruit match night volunteers for the forthcoming season. Volunteers would need to be able to commit before and after the game in various roles that are available. So if you think you’d like to be part of the ‘Nix Family’ and exciting times ahead, get in touch.
Applications for all roles (board and match night volunteers) should be emailed to Adam Day at firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday 19th June.